Felling like giving up?

If you are a creative person, you most likely felt like giving up thousands of times.
I know and I resonate.
There are days in which I wish I never had this passion... this will... the dream to make a career from writing.
It's so difficult to keep up with everything.

Authors for Life book for writers by Cristina G.
Photo credit: Pixabay
As I wrote in this post publishing is like nothing else.
Writing takes time, self-publishing is easy, fast and cheap if you complete every step on your own, but without marketing campaigns, all these are in vain.
You can't be discovered. Nobody would know you've published a book... or 20.

Promoting my work is the most difficult, time-consuming and daunting activity for me (and most authors I know).
I am not a business person, but I need to make living so... I do my best... but my best is not enough because the professionals know what they are doing.
Whatever I do, falls flat. I know I am not doing it right... but I am an author and I don't have time to do everything on my own. I want to write... That's what I love and time is passing so fast...
I can't...

Between negative reviews, lack of support and frustration, I sometimes feel like quitting because everything I do is useless.
Should I give up after 3 years of uncountable and incredible sacrifices? 
No.
In these moments of terrible struggle I turn to YouTube - a loyal friend of mine. YouTube gives me the support, motivation and courage to keep on going.
My dream is possible and I deserve to be successful. I don't ask for anything for free. 

I listen to this video in particular.


Les Brown is one of my favourite motivational speakers. I often dream of giving people what he gives to me and many others.

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." 
Quote by Les Brown.

I am grateful for all those that support me and for the creamy coffee that I drink in the morning.


Are you a soulful human?
Come join us now.
Support the authors who write their books.

Nota Bene
You don't need a Kindle device to read any eBooks (electronic format).
Your PCs, laptops, tablets, smartphones are good enough. If you have problems, install the Kindle application from Amazon.

Read the manifesto for real writers: Authors for Life or for a Living?

If you like my stories, why not follow me and review them on Goodreads and Amazon?
Spread the love and support an author who writes for you.
The universe will return your kindness.

No comments