The business of writing - Everybody can write & publish

It is true: every one of us can write.

But I didn't always think this way.
When I was a child in my communist country I didn't even dare to think I could write. I mean, I wrote every day on everything, but I didn't think I was allowed to believe that I could publish one day and become a writer.

Things have changed tremendously since then.
If once you had to have a traditional publishing house to publish your book, nowadays you can publish it yourself, from the bedroom if you want.  At any hour of the day and night, every day of the week.
But mostly, you can publish your books free of charge.
Amazon is my only choice for now and I highly recommend it.
But there are many other platforms out there that could help you with that.

But how are the stories in these books? 
How is the quality of the writing? 
How is the grammar, punctuation, sentence structure? 

Of course, this is way too rich, coming from me!
I wouldn't even dream to criticise anyone for their writing skills.
But I heard people asking that. Especially when an author produces 20 novels a year.
20 novels a year?!? 

You can't even imagine that someone can write 3 novels a year, let alone 20, right?
You would be surprised how many people write 10-20 novels a year nowdays.
That's unbelievable, isn't it?
It is.

That's the business of writing.

Can everybody do that?
I guess that has to be possible when you do it for work.
You have to do it. 
You don't have time for writer's block then. You can't afford to be blocked then. It is your job. But this requires another post.

Image from Pixabay


No comments