Self-Publish for Free on Draft2Digital - Review by Cristina G.

If you are into writing and publishing, you must have heard of Draft2Digital and Books2Read, right?

Well... I must confess that I didn't know about this platform until I wanted to publish books in my mother tongue.
I admit that I am a huge fan of the colossus Amazon where I publish all my books in English.
And if you check my author page, you'll notice books in Romanian too although Amazon does not publish in this language.

How did that happen? 
Have they made an exception for me? 
Unfortunately, no, they haven't although I begged them numerous times.
They stated clearly: "NO, thank you and goodbye."

I used CreateSpace to cheat on Amazon. But only for paperback formats (in my mother tongue).
Kindle - electronic format - was rejected because CreateSpace is a print-on-demand publisher, therefore, they could only publish paperback books.
To publish electronic formats they used to work closely with Amazon.

Surely you know that CreateSpace sends all the books published on their platform on Amazon too (among other partners).

And if you know CreateSpace, you also know that they are merging with Amazon as we speak (September 2018).
So I am heartbroken and looking for a different publishing company for my Romanian books (paperback).
Lulu seems the best choice for now, but I'll see.
For now, I am extremely busy with Adenium publishing a memoir set up in the communist period named 14 Nuante de Rosu

If you are an author who doesn't like Amazon and refuses to publish with them, I suggest you visit Draft2Digital - an amazing publishing platform that sends your book automatically to many virtual libraries like:
  • Amazon! 
  • iBooks
  • Barnes & Noble
  • Kobo (including Kobo Plus)
  • Tolino
  • OverDrive
  • Bibliotheca
  • Scribd
  • 24Symbols
  • Playster
Moreover, they are discussing a partnership with other important publishing platforms like Ingram and Google Play. 
  • They also publish audiobooks.

I know nothing about paperback formats which is bad if you want your book in this version too. 
Why wouldn't you anyway? 
You should publish your book in all formats available to you. 
Try Lulu. 


I published 15 books with them and I am extremely happy also because they converted and transformed my Word documents in high-quality mobi, ePub and PDF - various electronic formats - automatically. 
I only had to check if it looks alright on the devices used for reading. 

But do you know what's even more amazing? 
The fact that they allow you to download your book in all these formats free of charge. 
They also give you permission to use these formats as you please as there is no logo anywhere on the document. 

Isn't that cool? 
I think it's more than cool!  

The process is extremely easy and the account is completely free to set up. 
Draft2Digital has the same modus operandi as Amazon and takes a percentage of your sales which is 15% of the net royalties. 

Isn't this less than Amazon's cut?
I believe it is. Much less really. However, the partners take their cut too. Look out for that though. It's business. 

Like Amazon, they have no up-front charges for any of their services (formatting, conversion, distribution, and sales tracking).

This amazing platform assigns an ISBN - free of charge - to every book you publish with them. 

You can publish your book with any other platform as Draft2Digital has no rights to your book. 
But if you have it published with Amazon and enrolled it on KDP, you should take it off KDP first. 
When you enrolled your electronic book on KDP you told Amazon that you will sell it exclusively on their platform. You signed a contract with them. 
They will kick you out if you break the rules. 
And you don't want to mess with Amazon. 
They don't forgive and most importantly, they don't forget. Ever. 
Once you're out, you remain out as long as you live. 

When you publish on Draft2Digital, your book in a Word document doesn't have to have a specific style guide, but it has to have the chapters ready. Any style. 
You don't write your books without chapters, do you? 

The customer service on Draft2Digital is brilliant. One of the best I had contacts with. 
After CreateSpace, Draft2Digital's customer service is the only one that impressed me with their professionalism and willingness to help. 
The advisors are friendly, patient and very helpful. 

Draft2Digital is a self-publishing platform that I highly recommend to all writers around the world. 
Especially to those who publish in languages not supported by Amazon. 
Like me. 

I am a very happy user.

Foto from Pixabay

Thank you so much for your visit. 

Have you read any of my stories and liked them?
A review would be highly appreciated. 

📚

If you haven't read my books and are interested in doing so (English+Romanina), feel free to click on this link. It will take you to an external page (Amazon). 

The e-books in Romanian, signed with Cristina Gherghel (no longer Cristina G.), can be found here (Google Play)

Were you looking for my author blog? 

Credit pictures
Some are from Pixabay, and some others from PNGtree

In case you are feeling generous and would like to help an author help others, click here. 
It will take you to PayPal. 
No amount is too little. 
I thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

No comments