Spam comments taken to another level

Are you a blogger or a website administrator?
How many spam comments do you receive a day?
Have you noticed the improvement of these practice over the years, even months?

Image from Pixabay

I have.
It blows my mind because I have no idea what's the gain of the people who spam without including a link in the comment, or a reference to a product, name, service, etc.

How does this work?
I am guessing is a script or a hidden link in the comment, but how do I find it?
What's the purpose of spamming this way?

I don't think it's the traffic nor the rank because it would be utterly useless to leave a spamming comment on my blogs as they are not extremely popular.
What's the gain of these people spamming on my blogs?
Can anyone help me with this?

Sometimes the comments are all left to the same post, some other times they are left to different posts. Randomly.
Have a look at the ones in the image below.
Do you see something strange?






The last generation of spam comments are incredibly smart because they all compliment the page, the post and/or the author.
Who doesn't like compliments? It's a weak spot for many people, me included.
Most bloggers (writers) crave for recognition so the spammers learned the weaknesses of creative people and here they hit.

I must admit that I published one spam comment once. I wanted to see how does it looks live and what happens after that.
I saw nothing weird.
Yet, it's clear they are all spam.
Why am I so convinced of this?
Well, I know what I wrote in that past. The comments make no sense. They are not related to the post.
Yet, there are no links in the name or the comments.
It baffles me.

I am not able to find any information regarding the type of comments I delete weekly from my blogs.
Sometimes I have 3 comments, sometimes I have 50 to each of my blogs.

Luckily, I have set up the moderation system and each comments is verified prior publishing.
As I said, only one of these weird comments are on my blogs. I can't remember which one but I remember commenting on it and wondering if it was a spam comment.
Of course I got no reply, because the spammers never come to check on their comments. Or better saying, the spamboot does not do that.
I know they are automatically posted.
What I don't know is why.
It drives me insane.

I am on a weird list that could damage my blogs' reputation?

These comments are left most of my blogs (19/23), some of them (4) are the most chosen to receive these comments.
How does this work?

Shouldn't only the popular pages have these issues? 
Why my blogs? 
I know I am not the only one, of course.
I am pretty sure that all blogs and websites have this issue.
My belief is that only popular pages are targeted.
Why are my blogs included on this exclusive list?

Popular blogs and websites pay for comments like these though so I really don't know why I get them.

I waste like 30 minutes every to go through all of them and see if there are genuine ones between the comments.
I sometimes get annoyed and delete all of them in bulk.
God only knows how many fair comments I deleted doing so.
I want to apologise to my readers if they didn't see their comments coming live.
I am doing my best not to do that because comments are very important for me and all bloggers.

If there is anyone out there who could illuminate me with their knowledge, please do so.

Thank you.


Are you a soulful human?
Come join us now.
Support the authors who write their books.

Nota Bene
You don't need a Kindle device to read any eBooks (electronic format).
Your PCs, laptops, smartphones are good enough. If you have problems, install the Kindle application from Amazon.

Read the manifesto for real writers: Authors for Life or for a Living?

If you like my stories, why not follow me and review them on Goodreads and Amazon?
Spread the love and support an author who writes for you.
The universe will return your kindness.

No comments