Would You Sell Your Soul to Get Published? - Letter to Literary Agents


With  more than 5000 new books coming out every single day on Amazon, getting published is exactly like finding a needle in a haystack.




I am a writer, and you are too.
Same as your neighbour, colleague, girlfriend, boyfriend, mistress, boss, teacher, doctor, agent, beautician, trainer, priest (and confessor), counsellor, lawyer and your parents (siblings, children)!

How are the agents supposed to find you and me in this world of writers? 
The competition is ferocious as all of us think that our stories are the best.
Isn't that right?

I am sad and in pain.
I have so many stories to tell.
I am afraid I will not have enough time in this life to write them down.

I sacrifice everything.
All I do is work and work and work.

I used to be frustrated.
I am not anymore.
This is life. I knew it was going to be difficult to get noticed.
Maybe not this difficult... but still.

Would I sell my soul to get (traditionally) published? 
"Hell, NO!!!" I used to say.

Now... I am not so sure anymore.
I am changing every day.
Maybe I wouldn't sell my soul for frivolous desires.
But I would totally sell it for a good cause. Not to the devil though. No.
On a second thought, I wouldn't sell it because I need it for my stories.

All I want is to write from dawn to dusk. Every day for the rest of my life.
But I need to make a living first.

If you are an agent, give me a call. 
My name is Cristina G. and I am the most versatile and restless writer you will ever meet. My determination is beyond belief. 
I am, without a shadow of doubt, your best bet.
Writing is a matter of life and death for me. 
Have a look at my work on Amazon.
Check out my YouTube vlogs and videos.
Connect with me on Facebook & Twitter.
Read my 22 blogs.


2 comments

  1. I would sell my soul, yes. I am already lost anyway.
    Pursuing a writing career is way too daunting.
    Drefan, the main character from your novel Half my Age Plus Seven.
    I don't like the name at all. You could have done so much better.
    Anyway, I loved the story a lot.
    It sounded to me that you have a Third Book coming. Is it true? I would really like to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! For a moment I thought I was dreaming when I saw the name. Than you almost gave me a heart attack. You're funny!
    Oh, I am sorry you don't like the name. I am not sure I like it either. I tried to be original. It didn't work out well, but now it's too late to change it. Unless... his name is not Drefan...
    Glad you liked the story though. That's very good to hear.
    Hmmm... I don't know. We'll see. It was most definitely conceived as a trilogy. Unfortunately, my publisher and I spoke completely different languages. Literally.

    I am sorry that you think that a writing career is daunting. I couldn't agree more.

    Thank you so, so much, for you feedback. It's very encouraging. I need positive feedback. I work so hard. Anyway, maybe you don't know that I have an official blog - https://authorcristinag.blogspot.co.uk/. You're very welcomed to visit me there or, if you'd like, the book has its own blog. Have a look: https://halfmyageplusseven.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete